Concluding the trilogy that started with the bestselling memoir First They Killed My Father, Loung Ung describes her college experience and her first steps into adulthood, revealing her struggle to reconcile with her past while moving forward towards happiness. After the violence of the Khmer Rouge and the difficult assimilation experience of a refugee, Loung’s daily struggle to keep darkness, anger, and depression at bay will finally find two unexpected allies: the empowering call of activism, and the redemptive power of love.
Lulu in the Sky is the story of Loung’s journey to a Cambodian village to reconnect with her mother’s spirit; to a vocation that will literally allow her to heal the landscape of her birth; and to the transformative influence of a supportive marriage to a loving man.
|Title:||Lulu in the Sky: A Daughter of Cambodia Finds Love, Healing, and Double Happiness|
|Dimensions:||5.3 x 8 x 0.8 inches|
|File Size (Kindle):||1895 KB|
- Angkor Wat: A Transcultural History of Heritage by Michael Falser
- An Illustrated History of Cambodia by Philip Coggan
- Lonely Planet Southeast Asia on a shoestring by Lonely Planet
- From Cambodians To Kiwis: A Legacy by Julie Chuor
- Cambodia: A Cambodian Cookbook with Delicious Cambodian Recipes by BookSumo Press
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.