You've reached the end of your working life and you're planning your retirement in South-East Asia. You've enjoyed your holidays there, with enjoyed the year-round warm climate, the beaches, the food, the people - and a cost-of-living where your home currency goes a lot, lot further - at least that's your hope.
This book is about how to survive that retirement. You will be a stranger in a strange land. What are the practical things you need to know. This is not a book about the culture of the countries in South East Asia. For that you should read excellent guides such as those in the Culture Shock series.
The four concepts I'll be discussing are:
1. Friends (and foes)
2. Sickness and health
4. Setting up home
|Title:||How to survive retirement in South East Asia|
|File Size (Kindle):||319 KB|
- The Dead Eye and the Deep Blue Sea by Vannak Anan Prum with Ben and Jocelyn Pederick
- Cambodia: The Solo Girl's Travel Guide by Alexa West
- Cambodian (Khmer) Phrasebook by Samantha Tame
- Violence and the Civilising Process in Cambodia by Roderic Broadhurst, Thierry Bouhours, Brigitte Bouhours
- Brother Number One by David Chandler
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.