These delightful, beautiful and sought-after paintings depict scenes from Buddha's life or the Jataka tale. With lavish illustrations throughout, the authors study both the religious meaning of the paintings as well as their artistic merit.
|Title:||Preah Bot: Buddhist Painted Scrolls in Cambodia|
|Publisher:||River Books Press Dist A C|
|Dimensions:||6.8 x 9.5 x 0.40 inches|
- Cultural Property and Contested Ownership by Brigitta Hauser-Schäublin
- Understanding Buddhist Art in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar by Edward Mornin and Lorna Mornin
- Cambodian Dancers - Ancient and Modern by George Groslier
- Buddhist Painting in Cambodia by Vittorio Roveda and Yem Sothorn
- Pillaging Cambodia: The Illicit Traffic in Khmer Art by Masha Lafont
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.