This new first edition guide introduces two exotic destinations fast becoming required stops for globetrotting tourists. Through our expert author, readers are exposed to the rich culture and poignant history in Cambodia and Laos. Discover the region's food and gift markets, lovely beaches and islands, colorful temples, and charming villages.
This title covers highlights of both countries, including Cambodia's tourist Mecca and spiritual center Angkor Wat, capital Phnom Penh, and beach resort Sihanoukville. Laos covers the relaxed city Vientiane, Luang Prabang (a UNESCO World Heritage city for its blend of Laotian and European architecture), and top spots for ecotourism. The planning chapter includes extensive information on sustainable development and volunteer vacations. Special features include a Khmer and Laotian language primer and separate history and culture chapters for both nations.
|Title:||Frommer's Cambodia and Laos|
|Dimensions:||5.2 x 8 x 0.70 inches|
- Cambodia and the West: 1500 - 2000 by T.O.Smith
- Svay: A Khmer Village in Cambodia by May Mayko Ebihara and Andrew C. Mertha
- Mrenh Gongveal: Chasing the Elves of the Khmer by Keith Kelly
- You No Buy, You Make Me Sad by William J Wood Jr.
- The Khmer Kings and the History of Cambodia: BOOK II by Kenneth T So
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.