An irrepressible sense of freedom, a winding, open road, lush green jungles, and you. Sound incredible? Oh, we’ve ignored the most important element in this scenario – a thumping, pulse-pounding engine, cradled between your legs, rocketing you to destinations, unknown, and adventures aplenty. Strap on your helmet, don your leather boots and prepare for the trip of a lifetime.
Tag along with thrill seeker, Anton Swanepoel, as he treats you to a virtual trip along one of the world’s most notorious highways (Ho Chi Minh Trail) and other equally alluring hotspots.
This is a guide like no other. The writer lives in Cambodia , and uses it as a base for extensive exploration of the Indochina Peninsula by motorcycle, documenting places and events in text and film. His experience, and the knowledge gleaned from such, is the backbone of this detailed guide. Touring in a country, perhaps thousands of miles from home, may seem dangerous, even foolhardy, but find peace in the words of one who’s been there. Ride every mile he’s ridden and walk every path he’s trod, avoiding the pitfalls, which are few and far between.
Learn the lay of the land, what to see and what to avoid. With the help of Mr. Swanepoel, choose a motorbike that’s right for you – no detail has been spared. Find your way, and prepare, by viewing dozens of pictures, which act as landmarks to further simplify the trek.
Related information includes:
- Buying and selling advice, with trustworthy places to use.
- How to avoid popular scams.
- Border crossing between countries – doing it right.
- Cost, distance and time calculations.
- Pointed, well-described routes from Saigon to Hanoi, and the Cambodia Loop.
- Information on transporting your motorcycle by bus or train.
Alone, or with friends, racing across the expansive vistas that make up Southeast Asia is a vacation dream come true. If you love the feel of wind in your hair and don’t mind the occasional bug in your teeth, this singularly unique trip and guide are for you.
|Title:||Motorbiking Cambodia & Vietnam|
|Publisher:||CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform|
|Dimensions:||6 x 9 x 0.30 inches|
|File Size (Kindle):||11922 KB|
- The Dead Eye and the Deep Blue Sea by Vannak Anan Prum with Ben and Jocelyn Pederick
- Cambodia Marco Polo Pocket Guide by Marco Polo Travel Publishing
- Cambodia: The Solo Girl's Travel Guide by Alexa West
- Cambodian (Khmer) Phrasebook by Samantha Tame
- Violence and the Civilising Process in Cambodia by Roderic Broadhurst, Thierry Bouhours, Brigitte Bouhours
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.