In this short and entertaining travelogue, Michael Desrosiers tells the story of a slow journey overland across the Kingdom of Cambodia, a small, rural, and often-overlooked corner of Southeast Asia. The journey is unforgettable, but not always pleasant. Along the way he and his incredibly patient girlfriend contend with wild monkeys, a raging Typhoon, baguettes, jellyfish, and the dastardly "twerking bug".
Part old-school travelogue, part portrait of a foreigner's view of a country, "The Long Road From Pub Street" is at times lighthearted and at other times introspective. Desrosiers never takes himself too seriously as a writer or a traveler, but seeks to examine the country around him with an open mind.
Discover the mysteries, magic, tragedy, and beauty of the "Kingdom of Wonder".
|Title:||The Long Road From Pub Street: A Cambodia Travelogue|
|File Size (Kindle):||2429 KB|
- The Dead Eye and the Deep Blue Sea by Vannak Anan Prum with Ben and Jocelyn Pederick
- Cambodia: The Solo Girl's Travel Guide by Alexa West
- Cambodian (Khmer) Phrasebook by Samantha Tame
- Violence and the Civilising Process in Cambodia by Roderic Broadhurst, Thierry Bouhours, Brigitte Bouhours
- Brother Number One by David Chandler
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.